The Customizable Mac Pro Quad-Core Desktop Computer Workstation from Apple is the company’s premiere desktop workstation. The system is built with professionals in mind, and is an ideal computer for video professionals, photographers, and graphic designers.
The system is powered by One 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor. The system also boasts 3GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive capacity, Apple’s 18x double-layer SuperDrive DVD burner with dual-layer disc support, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for wireless device connectivity, and ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory.
Apple has preinstalled Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" on the computer. The 64-bit OS takes full advantage of the Xeon processors that form the heart of the system. Leopard includes such software applications as Time Machine, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat AV, Safari, QuickTime, and iCal. You’ll also be happy to know that iLife ’09, the popular digital life suite that includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, iWeb, and GarageBand is preinstalled on the computer.
The Mac Pro is an excellent choice for any professional, power user, or Mac aficionado.
- The system is powered by One 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor. The Xeon features four cores on a single chip, which increases system efficiency and gives you eight processing cores to power your system.
- The Mac Pro features a PCI Express expansion architecture for adding cards to the system. PCI Express paves the way for emerging solutions for media and networking, making it a future-savvy choice for your lab or studio. The Mac Pro features 4 total PCI Express slots, 3 of which are open in this system configuration. Each slot supports a x16 PCI Express expansion card, giving you extreme flexibility in adding cards to your system.
- The system features integrated USB 2.0, FireWire-400, and FireWire-800 expansion ports. On the front of the computer, you will find one FireWire-400, one FireWire-800 and two USB 2.0 ports. On the back, you will find one FireWire-400, one FireWire-800 and three USB 2.0 ports. You’ll also find dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, allowing you to integrate the system into your enterprise-level network with ease.
- The Mac Pro features a multitude of audio input and output options. You’ll find a headphone jack conveniently located on the front port of the computer. Looking at the back you’ll find a line-out for speakers, a microphone input jack as well as digital optical audio input and output. The computer also features a built-in speaker located behind the front grille.
- The installed SuperDrive burn DVD and CD discs at lightning fast speeds, making it easy to transport and archive data from your computer. The drive support dual-layer discs, allowing you to write up to 8.5GB of data per disc.
- The system ships with the Apple Keyboard and Magic Mouse. The keyboard adds 2 additional USB 1.1 ports to your system, perfect for connecting low-speed devices.
- The changeover to Intel-powered Macintosh computers is made seamless with OS X Leopard’s built-in Rosetta technology. You can open applications written for older PowerPC Macintosh computers without any special steps -- just click and run.
- The computer is pre-loaded with Mac OS X Snow Leopard and gives you everything you need to live in the digital age. The entire system and its applications are designed to work well with each other and suit your individual computing style.
- The Mac Pro can be easily upgraded to suit your needs. The system supports up to four SATA hard drives that can be configured as RAID 0 or RAID 1, up to 2 optical drives, four PCI Express x16 expansion cards, and eight FB-DIMM memory chips.
- One 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon W3530 “Nehalem” processor
- 8MB of fully shared L3 cache per processor
- Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.06GHz
- Hyper-Threading technology for up to 8 virtual cores
Graphics and Displays
- ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, two Mini DisplayPort outputs, and one dual-link DVI port
- 2.8GHz and 3.2GHz systems: 1066MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100-120V AC or 200-240V AC (wide-range power supply input voltage)
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz single phase
- Current: Maximum of 12A (low-voltage range) or 6A (high-voltage range)
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F (-40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
PCI Express expansion
- Three open full-length PCI Express expansion slots
One PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot
Two PCI Express 2.0 x4 slots
Four 3.5-inch cable-free, direct-attach drive bays with built-in independent 3Gb/s Serial ATA channels; four internal drive carriers included. Up to 8TB of internal storage in bays 1 through 4 using hard drives or solid-state drives in the following capacities:
- 1TB or 2TB hard drives, Serial ATA 3Gb/s, 7200 rpm, 32MB cache
- 512GB solid-state drive, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
- Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) wireless technology
- Two independent 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interfaces with support for jumbo frames
Connections and audio
- Four FireWire 800 ports (two on front panel, two on back panel)
- Five USB 2.0 ports (two on front panel, three on back panel)
- Two USB 2.0 ports on included keyboard
- Front-panel headphone minijack and internal speaker
- Optical digital audio input and output TOSLINK ports
- Analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks
- Multichannel audio through Mini DisplayPort
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- Mac Pro
- Power cord
- Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- Magic Mouse
- USB keyboard extension cable
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- Unit: 8.1" x 18.7" x 20.1" (L x W x H)
- Weight: 39.9 lbs.
Click a thumbnail to see full-size picture