The HandSonic 15 HPD-15 is an electronic percussion multi-pad designed to be played by hand or finger. Using V-Drums triggering technology, this futuristic instrument allows hand percussionists to play up to 15 sounds naturally without using sticks.
Divided into 15 parts, the HPD-15’s ultra-sensitive 10-inch rubber pad can be used to trigger up to 15 different sounds using techniques from hard conga slaps to the light finger touch needed for tabla performances. And because the main pad supports positional sensing, you can create timbre changes just by striking different areas of the pad.
In creating the HPD-15’s sound set, Roland traveled the globe—from Latin America to southeast Asia, China, India, the Middle East and Africa. There are 600 sounds total, including a fine collection of acoustic percussion sounds, electronic drums and sound effects. And unlike acoustic instruments, you don’t have to worry about tuning, humidity and temperature.
The HPD-15’s knobs can be used for controlling pitch, timbre and multi-effects, while dual ribbon controllers create realistic conga slides and make triggering guiro sounds more natural. You can even create rolls by pushing harder on the pads. The D Beam, on the other hand, uses an infrared light beam for adjusting pitch, filter cutoff and triggering sounds like a gong or a bell tone. An optional expression pedal may also be used.
Perfect for practice or composition, the HPD-15’s 4-part pattern sequencer provides 99 Preset and User patterns. And with MIDI In and Out, you can use the HandSonic as a sound module or as the ultimate controller for playing into your sequencer. Live performers will appreciate the ability to add an optional hi-hat controller and kick trigger, as well as the HPD-15’s 1/4-inch Line input for blending in external sounds.
- Electronic hand percussion multi-pad with triggering based on V-drums technology
- 10" rubber pad with 15 parts for triggering up to 15 sounds simultaneously
- Built-in pressure sensor allows for realistic muting and pitch control of sounds
- Main pad supports Positional Sensing for creating timbre changes depending on area of pad hit
- 600 onboard percussion sounds from Latin countries, Asia, India, and more
- Onboard effects include dedicated reverb and multi-effects processors
- Powerful realtime controllers including a D Beam, dual ribbon controllers, and three control knobs
- Built-in sequencer with Preset patterns and metronome function
- MIDI In/Out for use with sequencers or as a dynamic MIDI controller
- Dual-trigger input and hi-hat control jack
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 Voices
- Instruments: Pad Instruments= 600, Backing Instruments= 54
- Preset Patches: 160
- User Patches: 80
- Patch Chains: 10 chains (32 steps per chain)
- Effect Type: Reverb, Multi-Effects
- Sequencer: Preset Patterns= 99, User Patterns= 99 (Maximum), Tracks= 4, Play Functions= OneShot, Loop, Tap, Resolution= 96 ticks per quarter note, Recording Method= Real-time
- Tempo: 20-240
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Controls: Volume Knob, Realtime Modify Knob 1/2/3, Ribbon L/R, D Beam Controller
- Pad: 10 inches, 15 sections, Pressure-Sensitive
- Output Impedance: 1k ohms
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor (DC 9V)
- Current Draw: 1000mA
- Stereo L, Mono, R 1/4" phone jack
- 1 x Mix In Jack (stereo)
- Expression Pedal / Hi-Hat Control Jack
- Trigger Input Jack (dual)
- 1 x Foot Switch Jack (dual)
- MIDI connectors (input, output/thru)
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- HPD-15 electronic percussion multi-pad
- AC Power Supply
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- (HxWxD) 3.88" x 16.00" x 16.00" (98mm x 406mm x 405mm)
- Weight: 6 lbs, 7 oz. (2.9 kg)